Mold Remediation & Mold Removal
Serving Buffalo NY, Rochester NY & Batavia NY
Mold growth can be a significant problem for homes and businesses in the Western New York region. Warm, moist air creates the perfect environment for excessive mold growth, especially after catastrophic events like structural floods, flooding rains, and seasonal changes.
Mold growth is commonly found in areas prone to excess moisture. In these areas, mold is generally easily detected and removed, but after a water damage event from flooding rains, burst pipes, or a malfunctioning HVAC unit, mold may grow unnoticed behind walls, in carpet, in HVAC ducts, in furniture or in other hidden areas.
Mold is resilient and can grow on nearly every type of surface. If your home or business has recently experienced water damage, contact Specialized Cleaning and Flood Restoration today!
Mold Removal Services
Specialized Cleaning and Flood Restoration offers a variety of mold removal services in the Western NY region, including the following:
- Air duct cleaning
– An HVAC system that does not properly drain can be a source of mold growth within your air ducts. Mold spores in your HVAC ducts can easily spread throughout your home or business, threatening the health of family members or employees. Our air duct cleaning services will remove mold from your air ducts, leaving you with a safe and healthy air system.
- Surface cleaning
– We will clean and decontaminate all affected areas with our environmentally friendly solutions.
- Mold removal
– If any contaminated areas cannot be cleaned, we will remove and dispose of these items. Generally, carpet, drywall, insulation, and furniture cannot be cleaned of mold and will have to be replaced.
- Mold inspection
– After mold remediation is complete, we will perform a comprehensive final mold inspection to ensure that the mold is gone.
How Do You Know If You Have Mold?
Chances are, mold is present in some locations in your home or business. Mold is common in areas that stay wet or moist regularly like the bathroom, kitchen, basement or laundry facilities. This mold should be cleaned regularly.
Harmful mold growth is more likely to occur after water damage. If you’ve recently had flooding conditions or a burst pipe at your home or business, there is a good chance that mold growth has occurred in areas that you cannot see. If this has occurred at your property, you should have a mold inspection to make sure you do not have mold growing behind walls or in your air ducts. Regular mold inspections are a great way to make sure your property remains mold-free.
Schedule a Mold Inspection or Removal Today!
If you need mold removal in your home or business in the Western New York region, contact Specialized Cleaning and Flood Restoration today! We will provide you with a comprehensive assessment of the mold damage that has been done to your property and an estimate of the cost and amount of time it will take to repair. We will assist you with your insurance claims to ensure that everything is filed correctly so that your repairs can begin as quickly as possible.
Specialized Cleaning and Flood Restoration, Inc. conducts visual examinations of a building’s environmental condition. The typical process begins with an inspection and assessment of mold and water damage and the extent of contamination visibly present. Further examination is sometimes necessary in certain cases to determine if any hidden contamination is present within wall cavities, etc.
All inspections and consultations include the evaluation of existing mold damage in the property using the highest quality sampling equipment and latest testing technology. Testing also includes the investigation of environmental conditions that may be causing mold to grow as well as identification of those items that may need repair or replacement.
The inspection also identifies moisture intrusion areas as well as non-visible parts such as wall cavities, where mold can grow undetected by the human eye.
Providing Solutions for all of your Mold Problems
When this portion of the inspection is complete, our report will provide clear answers regarding the amount and types of mold that have been found, if any, and whether the mold is considered toxic or not. The answers will be given in the form of a comprehensive evaluation of the building that includes a thorough walk-through, sampling of air, examination of substances and surfaces, and a complete report including the following:
1. Lab Analysis of samples (as needed)
2. Findings, moisture testing results
3. Remediation (removal) steps, if necessary
4. Environmental Guidelines
5. Preventive maintenance measures and recommendations
6. Photos and Diagrams
Some key points:
- A typical inspection of a property lasts approximately one to two hours and may take longer depending on square footage. Each inspection is different and the number of mold samples will vary depending on size of property and scope of work. An outside sample is always taken as a comparison or baseline to interior samples taken. Therefore, if air sampling is conducted, the client should expect a minimum of two samples to be taken on any given inspection.
- During the course of the inspection, our technicians will examine the overall condition of the property. After the inspection is performed, collected samples will promptly be sent to a microbiology lab for analysis. Results and reports for lab analysis can take as little as one day to one week. Costs will vary depending on the turnaround times requested.
- If mold abatement (removal) is necessary, an estimate for work will be provided with a mold evaluation report.